Day 3, 4, 5 We had a blast with Jason on the beach! The kids and I loved jumping waves, though it stayed pretty chilly most of the week. We visited some forts, rode on a trolley and toured the historic part of Savannah, saw a lighthouse, rode on a riverboat cruise down Savannah River, and ate some great food. The boys all walked through an air force museum. I bought a book about the Eighth Air Force and WWII, and the kids and I have enjoyed reading it in the evenings. We even visited a candy store and bought a few pounds :) of pralines! Yummy! I am sure I left out some things, but the most important and wonderful thing was having Jason with us! The kids held him and loved wrestling him so much. We got to spend one evening all cuddling and watching the discovery channel. Two nights after the kids were in bed and with Mom and Dad watching them, Jason and I took amazing walks on the beach. It was gorgeous to see all the stars and hear the ocean right next to us. We got some wonderful time together!! Afterwards, I realized that while we were on the island we saw the sunrise and sunset and sun and moon.
Day 6 We got up and packed all of Jason's stuff. He had to fit all he wanted to take -that he hadn't already shipped ahead- in one bag. We just hung out at the house in the morning. Sure was nice to be doing nothing. We went to the beach later and just played. The video is from that afternoon. Then, later that evening, we had to take Jason back. It was not our final goodbye since we'd see him the next day thankfully!
Day 7 Departure ceremony. It was neat to see all of the soldiers lined up and see them at the end march by us. Mom saw some Troopers who came to see Jason I think. That was so cool that they traveled that far. After the ceremony, we got about 6 hours with Jason but could only stay on the base. So, we visited the museum, played on a playground, went to the PX (shopping center for military,kinda like a Walmart), and Jason and I took another walk alone.
It was so thankful that Jason's parents came with us for the week. I am glad we got to share all the wonderful memories together. They are such a blessing. Now, we are still just praying for Jason every single day, for every minute and every hour that he is overseas. I hope God is glorifed in all he does and in all I do. While Jason is gone, I just hope to be busy with the kids and house projects so the time goes, as the kids say, "super fast!" :) Thanks all for your prayers. Thanks to Keith and Tami for watching the house while we were gone. Thanks to Steve for fixing the ceiling. Thanks to Sarah for the bathroom makeover. Thanks to Rachel for helping and cleaning my house. It was a wonderful, positive thing to come home to! Thanks friends and family for your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment