Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A very cold day!


Wow! It sure was cold today. On days like today, I start to miss Texas!! Sure had never seen temps like this before I came here!! Oh well. The kids sure don't seem to mind. Yesterday, Joey asked if he could run down the lane to Mimi's. And he did. I couldn't believe it. Well, I guess I could believe it....rain, snow, sleet, or whatever weather, the kids will still beg to run down the lane. :)

This is a pic of the girls this morning right before I had to wake them up. So adorable! :) Today, the boys went to Bible Study Fellowship with Mimi like usual. Edie, Maggie, and I went to Edie's dentist appt. Since she is so little, they have her sit in my lap and lean back into the nurse or dentist's lap. Like last time, she just laid there, held my hands tight, and cried very loudly- with her mouth wide open. The dentist loves it! He just hummed and sang a little song to her while she screamed. :) She has two cavities but we are treating them with- I think- flouride so they hopefully won't progress. When she is a little older, then we can have them filled. The dentist just said it will be easier the longer we wait. Just fine with me!
We got Chick-Fil-A on the way home, and Edie and I had a nice chat. We even saw a train!

At home, the boys and Edie played, colored, read, listened to Peter Rabbit books on my ipod, colored more, sang Bible verses, worked on reading with the Starfall website, read some about Indiana Indians, and, later, watched Clifford. I went through almost 10 rubbermaid boxes looking for warm weather clothes for when we see Jason. I also put about 15 trash bags full of stuff for Goodwill in my suburban. Yea! Later, after dinner, we all danced to fun music for awhile and then watched American Idol. Pretty ok tonight. I think it must sound different there at the place because I don't always agree with the judges. Sometimes I think the voices sound awful and totally off pitch...but who knows. Maybe it sounds great there. Anyway, the kids quickly took baths and went to bed. Everyone is still in their own beds, though with Edie, I have to sit next to her in my bed and play on my phone for awhile till she falls asleep. That's ok. At least she is in her own bed! Maggie almost rolled over today. She had rolled over once about one week ago I think. Today we were all on the floor in the kitchen cheering her on while she just stared at us with her big, beautiful blue eyes. Sammy would say, "She is looking at us like 'what in the world.'"

wonderful day with wonderful, amazing kids.

No comments: