Tuesday, June 10, 2008

exciting times

Well, we have made it through these crazy storms. Not so for those southwest of us. We did have part of a tree fall on our electrical line. For safety reasons, we stayed down the lane for 6 nights till it was all fixed!! I am thankful our backup pump in the basement worked and pumped all that water out.
Anyway, the boys are in swimming lessons at the YMCA and loving them!! I had lost my camera till Alisa found it today. I will try to take pictures of the boys and post them. They are just so cute and doing so well. In the past they have wanted to stay on the stairs. Not now. They both still wear floaties but Sammy jumps right in. Joey will go under water for a little while. They both have doggie paddled in the deep end.
So much has happened since I posted last so here are a few highlights
*playing at beautiful New Castle park
*talking to Daddy last week for 30 minutes on the webcam!!!! Yea!! Then Mommy chatted for 1 1/2 hours with him. it was wonderful!
*playing here at home
*helping Mimi and Pappy...and favorites for the boys were sleeping next to them on the floor in their room.
*in honor of Aidan (my niece who passed away at 4 months old in 2005), we planted more in her garden. We planted mock orange plants. They smelled so wonderful. Her garden is just gorgeous.
*Audrey (my niece, sister to Aidan) had her dance recital. She was great and so so cute!
*Beth (my sister in law) and I went to SupperThyme for my birthday present. We made (and they supplied and cleaned up) 3 huge meals to freeze and bake or grill whenever. Beth and I had a blast and so far the meals are awesome. see supperthyme.com for more details.
*the kids got to play with Uncle Mike and Vic and Josh while Beth and I were gone. They went swimming and played and played. Edie loved the doll that peed. You fed her the bottle with water and then she'd wet her diaper. Edie was just fascinated!! The boys set up a whole army of little soldiers in Josh's room and had a war.
*We cleaned out the camper today getting ready for Holiday World next week. Yea!!!!
*Dad and Mom have taken such great care of us. They are wonderful. I can't ever thank them enough. Dad even put mulch and wood chips in flower beds and around trees today. He worked so hard around our house and it looks just beautiful!!
*My good friend, Alisa, lost her baby. We have been praying so much for her and her whole family.
*Maggie can dance now. When she is sitting, she moves her body up and down while I am singing to her. So cute!! She really does have all 6 teeth in now. She has a new scream/squeal too. Sure is loud. She seems to do that when she wants food or wants her siblings to leave her alone! She has just in the past week REALLY started to eat lots of baby food. Tonight she had 1 1/2 jars of level 2- sweet potatoes and green beans, then she ate some real green beans cut up and a small piece of chicken. wow. she loved it. Edie even helped feed her. :) She did a pretty good job till I looked over and saw a huge mound of mushy green beans on Maggie's bib.
*Edie sits still now and lets me fix her hair. I love it. She and I sat today at swimming and read through a lot of Little Golden Books. She is so patient. Sometimes she just leans over and gives me a big kiss and hug. So sweet. My little princess. She gets so excited when Dad's dogs come down and just hugs them and talks sweet to them. Last night she was gone for a little while with Dad. They went and fed the horses together, like they do a lot. He put her on Dusty- the big horse- the other day. She loved it......I was freaking out. I broke out in a sweat. Dad just laughed.
*Sammy wanted no hair last night. I cut his hair in the normal military cut and left the room to answer the phone. I came back and he was leaning over the tub with the small shaver, shaving lines in the top of his hair. Needless to say.....he has no hair now. He was so happy. I wasn't sure what to say or think. Right before we got to swimming, he asked,"What do I say if they ask about my hair?" I told him to tell what really happened- the truth. When we walked in, his 2 guy teachers said they loved his hair!!! How cool!! :)
*Joey is awesome driving the riding mower now. He drove all evening, helping Pappy. He mowed Dad's yard again the other day. He is getting so good steering with one hand. He is so cute. He wore his flight suit to Edie's dentist appt. today. He was so proud to wear it. I just wonder if he will be like Jason and do some military thing. AHH. Joey is such a little helper too. He can really tell if I am about to lose it and he will even ask what I need him to do. So thoughtful.
I better go to bed.I know that was long.We sure hope those storms are over!

No comments: