Here we are camping. You can see the camper at the end of the road. We had a BLAST!!!! We hiked, played on the playground, sat around the fire, and loved spending time together. Mimi, Pappy, me, Joey, Sammy, Edie, and Maggie loved staying in our camper. It is so nice and roomy even for all of us. Kathy and Jason and kids came out one night for hobo dinners. Yum. What a wonderful, restful time!! and beyond amazing weather. The first evening it rained. I enjoyed sitting under our awning reading a magazine while the kids played on the playground and got soaking wet. Edie took her baby and she got a bath. She even took her baby on our walks around the campground- like in the video. The boys rode their bikes by themselves for the FIRST TIME around the campground. I had to be not only trusting of them but of others..sure was some hard Mom moments but they did great and were so proud. Maggie is just walking so well that I know she had fun. I took one of her car plastic big toys for outside and she loved getting in and out of it. The only problem was watching her so she wouldn't climb the steps going into the camper or tumble down them trying to get out. I hope soon she will master the art of coming down stairs. It just always takes awhile.
Joey and I made salsa yesterday. It was spicy but yummy. I can't believe Joey and I really made it all! It is a good feeling to see all those jars full and know that you did something you didn't think you could ever do!! Great learning adventures for all of us this year!
School is going well. Sammy's favorite is handwriting. He is learning sooo many letters and loving it. He did about 15 lessons the other day. Joey is still loving his Math-it and read his whole History book the other night. After narrating a lot of it to me, he wants the next book in the series! better get ordering. Edie is working right along with the boys. She still has her reading lesson too, thought sometimes Sammy likes to teach her.
Jason called again and is about to go on leave. I will post a pic of him- hope he doesn't care. I was so glad to get a few pictures from him today!! We are so glad he is doing well!!
No comments:
Post a Comment